Pet travel passports and pet travel advice


Northern Ireland is the only area in Great Britain where pet passports are still issued.  To get one you must contact a veterinary clinic such as ours, where a vet who is an Authorised Veterinary Inspector works.

A passport is necessary if you are planning to travel outside of the UK or if you are taking your pet out of Northern Ireland and plan to bring your pet back to N.I.  The map below is a simplified illustration of the requirements.

If you would like a passport for your pet our any advice on pet travel please contact us at the clinic.  We will be happy to help you in any way we can.

For more information visit